Tags

,

Did you know that Rudolf Christian Karl Diesel was born today in 1858?  Rudolf Diesel was a German inventor and mechanical engineer best known for inventing the diesel engine.  He wanted to design an engine that would not waste so much energy.  The common steam engine during that time period only used about 10% of energy from the fuel and wasted the other 90%.  Because of their design, which made the engine heavy, diesel engines were not used in small vehicles or airplanes until recently.  They can be commonly found in ships, factories, trains, and trucks.  A diesel engine can use diesel fuel (made from petroleum) or biodiesel (made from vegetable oils or animal fats).

We hope that you have an energetic day.  Remember to think kind thoughts, use kind words, and do kind things.  We Love You.

Advertisements